- Appoint a main advisor (issue a doctoral candidate confirmation).
- Select other members of the doctorate conferral committee together with the main advisor (application to appoint a doctorate conferral committee).
- Submit the application documents to the doctorate committee BmEL RWF (note: application deadline).
- The doctorate committee BmEL RWF decides whom to short-list (invitation to interview).
- Hold interviews.
- The doctorate committee BmEL RWF decides who will be accepted into the doctorate program.
- Enrolment or change of degree program at the admissions office.
a. Letter of application
b. Curriculum vitae with photograph
c. Copies of all prior degrees
d. Doctoral candidate confirmation (PDF, 66 KB)
e. Verification of enrolment as doctoral student or verification that the prerequisites for enrolment have been met
f. Application to appoint a doctorate conferral commitee (PDF, 1000 KB)
g. Two letters of recommendation
h. An exposé of at most five pages
i. (Possible) Request for recognition of ECTS Credits (PDF, 1440 KB)
Note: Please limit the application documents to the above mentioned ones. Further documents as job references etc. are only to be handed in according to prior agreement of the program coordinator.
Application Deadline: March 1 - April 30
Short-list decision: Mid May
Interviews: June (The participation is a requisite for the admission to the program.)
Decision about the admission: Mid of June
Application Deadline: September 1 - October 31
Short-list decision: Beginning of November
Interviews: November (The participation is a requisite for the admission to the program.)
Decision about the admission: Beginning of December
Transition from the associated participation (Master of Law) to the doctoral program BmEL
See our FAQ for more informations.